Probably my most favorite part of Christmas happened on the day of Sara's wedding. Let me first start by saying that many things went wrong for Sara's special day. The dumping of snow being the LEAST of the worries! But somehow, they all turn out alright, don't they? Her dress alterations didn't quite turn out the way she wanted them to, the lady who did her flowers had to go to work and locked her door (with the flowers inside - NO flowers at the Temple), her hair situation never really worked out. SO, Stacey, Channy, Lisa and I played around with her hair the night before...and then drove up to Salt Lake bright and early in the morning to do our best on Sara's beautiful hair. I wish I had a "finished" picture...but uh, they were already about 20 minutes late for the Temple! What a memorable day! :) But, take my word for it, Sara looked beautiful! 
The BEST part was when we hurried over to the Temple (walked from the Hotel) and the whole family was all their waiting in the waiting room upstairs...hugs to family we hadn't seen in a while..but then I noticed my HUSBAND! Yeah, remember how he wasn't supposed to be here until TOMORROW? Basically, I couldn't believe I was seeing him! I had just talked to him the night before...the plan was still the same, leaving Friday after work or early Saturday morning (most likely Saturday morning). Today was FRIDAY morning! Turns out, this guy left at 11:00 PM Thursday night after he got home from work, got packed and did a few errands for me! He drove all through the night arriving in Spanish Fork around 8:30 where he showered and then left for Salt Lake...which is where I saw him! CUTE eh?! THAT was the BEST Christmas Presant EVER! And it's too bad I don't have a picture of it...but uh, I was to stunned to even THINK about blogging about it! Sara didn't see him until he gave her a hug on his way out of the sealing room and needless to say, she was about just as excited as I was! He had told her the night before that he didn't think he was going to be able to make it (his way of letting her down easy) and I think she was kind of bummed.
Did I mention that it started DUMPING as soon as we all got out and were waiting for Sara and Spencer?
2 comments:
oh fun! too bad all that went bad on the wedding day!! sounds like everythng got figured out though! NICE surprise though, that is the best!
I'm sad I missed the sealing but not sad I missed the snow. I didn't know it was that bad! I wonder how their pictures turned out.
Post a Comment